History

Our denomination, The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has roots going back to the early 1800’s. The denomination stems from the Restoration Movement, founded with the intent of bringing the diverse body of Christians together. The red chalice, a cup used for communion, is often a symbol used for Disciples churches. Our ministries are both local and international. We believe that the power of the Church lies in how invested we are in the lives around us.

Located between the Capitol and the UT campus, our church is an English-Gothic style building with a tall steeple, a chapel, and a sanctuary with wooden pews. Its structure – the high ceiling, the beautiful traditional-stained glass, and the architecture – gives a sense of the greatness of God.

Worried that an old church building will be hard to navigate? Learn about our Accessibility here.